- The Lume Melbourne
- A new and exciting way to view art!
- Flexible hours (3-5 shifts per week)
VIPeople is the industry leading supplier of professional and friendly Casual Event Staff to a variety sporting and entertainment venues throughout Australia.
We have recently signed a long term deal with The Lume Melbourne, which will be located in the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre (MCEC).
The Lume Melbourne is a 3,000+ sqm gallery space soaring four storeys tall, brought to life with state-of-the-art technology – a new and exciting way to explore art. Visitors are surrounded by a vibrant symphony of light, colour, sound and fragrance.
The doors open on 1 September with Van Gogh as the first exhibition and will operate 7-days per week, 364 days a year.
We are looking for a small team of experienced Front of House Duty Managers to be responsible for the smooth and efficient execution of the FOH operations and day-to-day venue requirements.
• Opening/closing the venue
• Leading and coaching the FOH, box office and merchandise teams (up to 12 staff per shift) plus overseeing security and cleaning contractors
• Ensuring the venue facilities are kept clean, safe and presentable at all times
• Acting as the venue contact for private functions
• Completing end of shift reports
As the ‘face of VIPeople & The Lume’ we are looking for the following skills and qualities:
1. Experience working in an arts environment, visitor attractions or other public venues at Supervisory level as a minimum.
2. Friendly, enthusiastic & proactive
3. Exceptional interpersonal, communication and customer service skills
4. Outstanding personal presentation & grooming
5. Ability to multi-task and problem solve with a high degree of attention to detail
6. Reliability and flexibility to be able to work 3-5 shifts per week on a regular basis, including evenings and weekends. Shift times range between the hours of 8:00am – 11:00pm 7 days per week.
Training will commence from Monday 23 August.
This is a great opportunity to be involved in an exciting long term event for Melbourne.
Other opportunities also exist for Casual Event Staff in the roles of box office, concierge, merchandise, ticket scanning, directional and Covid marshalls.