- 3+ years prior security leadership experience in a similar position
- Must have excellent customer service
- Evening and weekend work will be required
The City of Casey is the largest and one of the fastest growing municipalities in Victoria. The Council plans and delivers quality services and infrastructure for the more than 356,600 residents who call Casey home.
At Casey we live our values of dreaming big, empowering each other, and making our community proud.
The City of Casey workspace sits within Bunjil Place, located in Narre Warren, which is a must-visit destination in Melbourne’s south east. Bunjil Place reflects and enhances the city’s rich diversity, inspiring an energetic and cosmopolitan atmosphere; and has become a lively meeting place.
It offers an unprecedented mix of facilities, including an 800-seat theatre, multi-level community library, function centre, outdoor community plaza with big screen, City of Casey Customer Service Centre, café and more!
About the role
This role sits in the Operations and Product team as part of the Arts and Cultural Development department.
As the Team Leader Visitor Liaison and Security Services you will lead, motivate and develop the Visitor Liaison and Security team, delivering on the visitor experience and security strategies for Bunjil Place 24/7, manage the overall security contract for Bunjil Place and provide Chief Warden and Emergency services for the Bunjil Place precinct
Responsibilities of this role include
- Liaising with Bunjil Place operational, programming, facilities, libraries, and governance teams devising an integrated customer service and security plan to be delivered across Bunjil Place precinct as the daily activation requirements demand
- Leading an informed team who provide visitors with a personable reception as the first point of engagement across the Bunjil Place precinct, delivering an exceptional initial visitor experience
- In consultation with the Governance Team, Facility Management teams and emergency management consultant, devise and conduct emergency event training and exercises across the Bunjil Place precinct
- Attending OHS meetings, reporting on issues and implementing improvements
- Devising operational procedures and risk assessments for Visitor liaison and Security operation
- Liaising with external stakeholders, communicating with the broader activities’ precinct including ARC and Fountain Gate
- Identifying and analysing issues from daily reports and incident reports, provide improvement proposals and 360 feedback
- Contributing to the Bunjil Place emergency management strategy
- Reporting on KPI’s to ensure customer experience and security standards are meeting objectives
- Providing direction, role clarity and coaching, that ensures team members have clear work objectives, regular reviews, and feedback, and are positively engaged in the performance review process
- Minimum 3 years’ experience at a leadership level at similar arts and event venues
- Certificate 4 in Security Management
- Current Private Victorian Security Licence
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA) certification
- Licensee’s New Entrant Certificate
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Level 2 First Aid
- National Criminal History Check
- Working with Children Check
Please visit our careers page at www.casey.vic.gov.au/careers/jobs to view a detailed position description.
About our benefits
Our workplace is an inclusive and diverse culture which encourages innovation and supports your work and life balance. There are plenty of opportunities to learn, develop and grow your career within our expanding and diverse organisation.
Our benefits include
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working options supported
- Study assistance
- Health initiatives
- Access to our support and wellbeing programs
We encourage people with a disability, lived experience of disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait islanders, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this position.
The City of Casey has zero tolerance for child abuse and is committed to creating and maintaining a child safe organisation where protecting children and preventing and responding to child abuse is embedded in the everyday thinking and practice of all employees, contractors and volunteers.
The City of Casey reserves the right not to make any appointments for this position.
Salary: starts at $97,964 (Band 7) per annum pro rata, plus superannuation
Applications close: 8 March 2021 at 11:55 pm
Please apply here