Queensland Country Bank Stadium
- Venue Manager of the recently established Queensland Country Bank Stadium
- Executive leadership role providing strategic management
- Create commercial opportunities and contribute to the successful development of Queensland Country Bank Stadium
Queensland Country Bank Stadium is a centrally located, 25,000 seat, best-practice, multi-purpose stadium in Townsville. The stadium is home to the famous North Queensland Cowboys NRL Team. The stadium commenced operation in February 2020 hosting Sir Elton John’s Farewell Yellow Brick Road concert and the first Cowboys home game. For the remainder of this year Queensland Country Bank Stadium is currently scheduled to host North Queensland Cowboys NRL matches and major events including the Rumble on the Reef when Jeff ‘The Hornet’ Horn takes on Tim Tszyu in August.
Queensland Country Bank Stadium is a catalyst for urban generation in the Townsville CBD. This role presents an incredible opportunity for a high performing individual to be at the centre of a transforming inner city sporting, entertainment and function precinct.
About the role
The Manager, Queensland Country Bank Stadium manages all aspects of this high profile public venue and provides leadership and strategic management to enable successful staging of events including operations, stakeholder engagement, business development, administration, presentation, grounds and venue asset management.
Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline (e.g. Business, Commerce, Management), or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in Venue management or operations at a senior level.
Key role accountabilities
- Provide strong and effective leadership to promote and shape a venue culture consistent with Stadium Queensland’s culture, values and strategic objectives.
- Develop, maintain and manage effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Initiate, negotiate and manage all contracts in accordance with commercial principles.
- Engage and grow community connection and source new sport and entertainment business suitable to the venue.
- Develop and implement budgets, capital works and maintenance programs with relevant stakeholders.
How to apply
Please visit Stadiums Queensland Careers for the full position description and details on the application process.
About the organisation
Queensland Country Bank Stadium is a venue of Stadiums Queensland.
Stadiums Queensland is charged with the management of major sports facilities that are declared under Queensland Government regulation as being venues having the capacity to stage national or international sports events, recreational or entertainment experiences. Stadiums Queensland’s portfolio of venues include The Gabba, Suncorp Stadium, Queensland Country Bank Stadium, Cbus Super Stadium, Metricon Stadium, Sleeman Sports Complex, the Brisbane Entertainment Centre, the Queensland Sport and Athletics Centre, Nissan Arena and the Queensland Tennis Centre.