St John Ambulance Australia (Victoria)
For the Service of Humanity
- Join a top 5 trusted charity; a leader in the community with a great reputation.
- Bring your skills and talents to a dynamic team. Make an impact!
- Permanent Full Time in Mount Waverley location.
St John Ambulance Australia (VIC) has served the community for over 135 years. We work for the service of humanity, existing to help those who are in sickness, distress, suffering or danger.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Event Health Services team for a dynamic and strategic Customer Experience Manager with sound experience in team management, sales and major account management to succeed with our client services and sales activities. Reporting directly to the General Manager, Event Health Services this role will encompass strategic planning, management, maintenance and development of existing accounts.
Suited to a motivated and positive go-getter, you will be a strong communicator with an ability to build strong relationships both internally and externally. With a proven history in sales and account management, you will provide the appropriate leadership and management associated with growth and maintenance of existing accounts as well as the development of new business.
Essential to your success in this role will be a proven ability to provide leadership, mentoring and management to a team from an operational level, as you lead and support your team consisting of a Business Development Executive, Event Support Manager, and Major Venue and Event Partner, and particular to this role will be the Event Support Officers who are responsible for the rostering and logistical coordination of events.
If you would like the opportunity to work within a varied, challenging and target driven working environment representing one of Australia’s most iconic first aid brands then this will be the opportunity for you!
Essential Skills and Attributes (Selection Criteria):
- Demonstrated leadership, management and mentoring skills, particularly the oversight of operational staff from team leaders through to officers.
- A proven record in business to business sales.
- Sales pipeline management and generation of new business opportunities.
- Flexible and agile in presenting customised solutions for clients.
- Strong organisation skills and attention to detail.
- Strong ability to communicate with influence, and proven abilities of negotiation and persuasion skills.
- A positive “can do” attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possessing initiative and working with a sense of urgency.
- Willingness to undertake a current Police Check and Working with Children Check.
Although not essential, a background within the hospitality, events, catering or exhibition industry, or volunteering sector would be highly regarded.
St John offers a variety of benefits including tax free salary packaging options, wellness programs, free breakfast and fruit at branch, discount cards, career development and training, leadership programs, staff excellence awards/recognition programs and an active social club.
To apply please click the ‘Apply for job’ button. Applications must include your current Resume and Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria. Note: Applications without a cover letter will not be accepted.
St John Ambulance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as an organisation that regularly works with children, St John believes that all children have the right to be emotionally and physically safe at all times. St John is committed to identifying, mitigating and managing risk to children through a preventative and risk management approach.