Cairns Convention Centre
Passion is in our Nature
The award-winning Cairns Convention Centre is getting ready to re-open after a 12-month refurbishment of the Centre. The $176 million refurbishment and expansion has put Cairns on the top of event organisers’ list of desirable destinations. Managed by ASM Global, the Cairns Convention Centre is everything you would expect from an international standard venue located in nature’s pristine playground.
As we get ready to welcome guests back into the Centre, we are searching for some talented people to join our high-achieving team and help us deliver extraordinary events.
The Duty Technician’s role is to oversee the maintenance of the Cairns Convention Centre’s plant and equipment and other building systems.
- Oversee and lead the maintenance of the building plant and equipment.
- Manage the daily operation of the Building Management System.
- Scheduling and management of contractors.
- Assist with the management of emergency services and evacuation procedures for the centre.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Broad knowledge of the workings of a large building.
- Ability to manage the Building Management Systems.
- Sound knowledge of building and workplace health and safety compliance.
- Flexibility to provide roster coverage for events and assist with after-hours call outs.
- Building/Electrical trade qualification (desirable).
Applications in confidence to be forwarded by close of business Friday 05 March 2021 to the Facilities Management Director, Cairns Convention Centre, PO Box 8084, Cairns QLD 4870 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
A Queensland Government initiative operated by ASM Global